Turning Challenge into Opportunity
The economy of Nova Scotia remains impacted by COVID-19, but our foundations are strong. We now have a generational opportunity to recover and advance our economy, act on climate change, and create more opportunity, while taking a more inclusive and sustainable path.
Creating a strong economy where business will grow:
- $1 billion dollar investment in infrastructure and innovation, creating thousands of jobs.
- Reducing the regulatory burden so Nova Scotian businesses can thrive.
- Building a world leading start-up capital where Nova Scotian companies will invest, grow their firms, and create good jobs.
Accelerating healthcare modernization and medical innovation:
- Making the largest mental health budget in the province’s history and establishing the new Office of Mental Health and Addictions
- $13 million in investments to recruit and train more doctors and nurses
- Doing better for our seniors in long-term care facilities by investing more than ever before ($1.02 billion) in long-term care and home care, adding more than 230 beds across the province by 2025.
A more affordable, inclusive, and connected Nova Scotia with supports for people who need it most:
- The single largest investment in income assistance in the province’s history at $35.2 million, increasing the amount by $100 a month per adult
- Building more safe, suitable and affordable housing.
- Access to reliable high-speed internet service across the province, with 94 percent coverage by the end of this year, an increase from our current 80 percent coverage.
A cleaner economy creates jobs, supports a healthy environment, and benefits all Nova Scotians.
- Incentives for energy efficiency upgrades for affordable housing
- Rebates to homeowners installing solar panels
- Incentives for energy efficiency upgrades for small businesses and not-for-profits
- Rebates for clean, reliable, new and used electric vehicles, including e-bikes
If you believe every Nova Scotian deserves an economy where business will grow, in a fair and respectful province that is clean and vibrant, then add your name below.