The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus is seeking a Communications Advisor. Should you, or someone you know, fit the description below, we encourage you to apply.
General Job Description:
The Communications Advisor is tasked with assisting the communications team in providing strategic communications advice to Caucus members and staff. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this individual is key in the development and execution of the communications strategies and initiatives that support the Liberal Caucus and its objective. The communications advisor is responsible to assist in the day-to-day communications management including writing speeches, announcement and copy, media monitoring, development and implementation of innovative communications strategy, and issues management support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Supports the end-to-end delivery of innovative and effective communications planning,initiatives and services
– Ability to problem solve and pursue new angles and political opportunities in a timely fashion
– Issues management and development of relevant messaging
– Assists in ensuring the quality of materials to ensure that they are consistent with branding and messaging, this includes copy editing, proofing, and graphic templates
– Ensure materials produced the Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus meet standards of accessibility,identity, format and style
– Assists in creating content, maintain, monitor and overseeing social media; works collaboratively with caucus staff colleagues to ensure communications priorities are addressed
– Provides advice and insights, providing comprehensive communications solutions to members and leadership
– Incorporate member and community-focused approach to strategy development, planning, coordination and execution of communications solutions
– Previous experience in communications, public relations or journalism or related fields
– Aptitude with the Microsoft 365 Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and social media management tools
– Excellent organizational skills
– Knowledge of government structure, legislative processes, party platforms and current issues
– Proven ability to work well with minimal supervision and in team settings
– Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines
The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus Office practices employment equity and encourages Mi’kmaq and Indigenous persons applications, African Nova Scotians, persons of Black/African descent and racialized persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, persons with a disability.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by November 18th, 2022, to the following email address: