The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus is seeking a Director of Communications to lead our communications team. Specific task requirements are listed below.
Communications Director Job Responsibilities:
• Establish and drive, using internal and external resources, a multi-channel communications strategy.
• Leads issues management, ensuring identification of emerging issues and media opportunities for Leader and Caucus.
• Manage and assist internal and external resources in the preparation of all communications material.
• Develop Leader and Caucus brand voice and maintain Leader and Caucus brand integrity across all platforms.
• Manage media relations and develop and maintain contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
• Lead a team of communication, marketing, and design professionals.
• Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
• Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
• Create budget for communications team and ensure compliance.
Communications Director Qualifications/Skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
• Understanding of graphic design, layout, and publishing
• Working knowledge of content management systems, including but not limited to: HTML coding, and digital graphics production
• Experience with social media platforms and social media marketing
• Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
• Impeccable copy-editing abilities
• Strong leadership track record
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related discipline
• 5-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
• Experience managing digital content
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Established media relations a plus
The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus Office practices employment equity and encourages Mi’kmaq and Indigenous persons applications, African Nova Scotians, persons of Black/African descent and racialized persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, persons with a disability.
Email resume and cover letter, with “Director of Communications” in the subject line, by January 25th to: