06 Sep Job Posting – Caucus Office Director of Communications
The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus is looking for a Director of Communications to join the team. Leading the communications team, the Communications Director will be responsible for developing a communications strategy to convey the policies and positions of the Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus. They will also support the objectives of caucus by developing and maintaining relationships with local media, lead the creation of a social media communications strategy, and ensure data-driven decisions are made to promote a consistent brand for the Leader and Caucus. Specific task requirements are listed below.
Director of Communications Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
- Leads issues management, ensuring identification of emerging issues and media opportunities for Leader and Caucus.
- Manage and assist in preparation of all communications material.
- Develop Leader and Caucus brand voice and maintain Leader and Caucus brand integrity across all platforms.
- Manage media relations and develop and maintain contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Lead a team of communication, marketing, and design professionals.
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
- Create budget for communications team and ensure compliance.
Director of Communications Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Experience with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline
- 5-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
- Experience managing digital content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Established media relations a plus
The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus Office practices employment equity and encourages applications from Mi’kmaq and Indigenous persons, African Nova Scotians, persons of Black/African descent and racialized persons, women, persons of a minority, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and persons with a disability.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to the following email address:
Applications will be accepted until October 3rd.